April 26, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #2 - Weird Me-Me

Taffi at One more thing to do has tagged me for the "six weird things" me-me. Since it's so hard to narrow my issues down to six items, I thought I would just combine it with the Thursday Thirteen.


1. I almost cried when I saw that Taffi included me in her tag list.
2. I like to set my clocks ahead 3-5 minutes. When I start freaking out because I'm late for something, I can relax because, oh yeah, the clock is fast.
3. I can't remember people's names under pressure, especially when I'm trying to introduce them.
4. People ignore me. I can't remember their names (see #3)and don't properly catch their attention before I speak (it's rude to say "Hey, You!"). They just look or walk right past me while I try to strike up a conversation with them.
5. It's taking me forever to write this.
6. I have had this scratched pair of glasses for a few years, but I won't spend money to replace them or to get contacts because I'm waiting for the day I can get laser surgery.
7. I've been able to spend less than $20 at Costco. It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes.
8. The pig sty of this house is my room.
9. I refuse to check pockets (except my own) when I do laundry. My son tried to blame me for ruining his pack of Star Wars trading cards when he's the one who left the cards in his pants when he put them in the laundry basket.
10. If there was a Name That Tune game featuring only 80's music, I would be the champion.
11. I don't like to hold other people's babies if they are older than 1-2 months old. I won't refuse to do it if asked, I just won't like it.
12. My posture is really bad right now as I'm hunching over to look at the computer screen and my right leg is resting on the desk. (My toes are pointed nicely, though.)
13. Although I feel honored to be tagged, I don't like to tag. Unless, you want to be tagged, then consider yourself it and post six weird things about yourself--I'll put your link on this post if you let me know.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



nancy
heather
mommy@home
courtney
karen
denise
titanium
jane
undercover angel
chana
emily
moogie
louise

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am clueless about peoples names. IT takes me forever to remember them.

I never check pockets and have the crayon stains to prove it.

I'm playing.

Heather said...

I agree with you on the babies thing - I am the same way :)

Courtney said...

I set my clocks 10-15 minutes ahead for the same reason ;)

Anonymous said...

I never check pockets. just yell loudly at whomever it was that left carmex or a pen in the laundry. names- I'm getting worse all the time! my list is up

Anonymous said...

My clocks have been set 10 minutes ahead for years. It really works.

"Hey, You!" is rude, but how about "Excuse me..." as a starter. Maybe you should speak up a little. I talk to anyone and everyone...I only started do that about 10 years ago. Before then, I would just blend into the crowd.

Mine are up.

Natalie said...

I find myself slumping at my desk, too.

I'm the same way about babies.

I enjoyed your list.

Jane said...

I hate it when I can't think of someone's name. It is SO annoying!!
My list is up too!

beth said...

Hmmm...I am totally lost on this thirteen thing and all its links codes and pings (what are pings?) and all that stuff - obviously I am new at this. But I did enjoy your list. I do that with the clocks, only now half of the clocks in our house are ahead and half are correct so I never know if I should be freaking out.

I think I could give you a run for your money on 80's name that tune.

Speaking of being new at this, thanks for linking to me. I appreciate it and have done the same with you. Looking forward to seeing where your date night is for Saturday's review.

Undercover Angel said...

My bedroom is the messiest room in my house too. My TT are up.ulv

Chana said...

I am so bad at remembering names too. It's like I'm not really listening when their name is said and then I turn to my hubby and say "what's her name?" He's no help..he doesn't remember either. BTW, my name is Chana. What was yours again? My TT is up!

Brooke said...

Thanks, everyone for visiting.

Beth, I just started doing the Thursday 13 thing last week and just followed the directions on the main site (the first on the TT blogroll). It turns out I did some things wrong, but the TT people told me how to fix it, and it's all good now.

That 80's name that tune would be an awesome contest to start.

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing to my clocks! My husband thinks I am silly but I insist it really helps. My TT are up.

Moogie said...

I am the same way with names! I'm really bad at it and I get ignored too!

My TT is up!

Louise said...

We could be the same person. My watches are always 5 minutes fast and I virtually always make my train and it took me about 24 hours to do my TT. Which is now up.

Anonymous said...

I have gotten out of Sam's Club (similar to Costco) for $9.00. I think I set a record!!! I seriously could spend a $1000 in there without thinking.

Haleigh Anne said...

Good list! I am new to blogging what is tagging all about?

Rachelle said...

That was fun to read!